Free Online Seminar Series exploring the latest innovations in Acoustic Testing
VIRTUAL EVENT | 25 MAY 2021 – 15 JUNE 2021 | 14:00 PM CET (08:00AM EST)
Join us and learn how to overcome challenges thanks to Acoustic Testing solutions, register here >
Acoustic quality and acoustic design are key aspects of product performance. Sounds plays a critical role in conveying the right message about a product’s features and functionality, and reinforcing brand image attributes. At the same time, regulations and competitive pressure are forcing manufacturers to limit noise levels and meet stringent noise-making or noise-limiting standards.
Engineers need productive tools to design, refine and validate prototypes throughout the development cycle.
Engine downsizing, cylinder deactivation, and powertrain electrification change a vehicle’s sound signature. To maintain or redefine the brand sound, active sound design enhances interior sound and adds exterior sounds for the Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS).
Sound source localization helps you identify dominant noise sources, which is for example important in aviation industry to improve cabin comfort. Aero-acoustic wind tunnel testing is performed to reduce wind noise in automotive and aviation industry.
Sound power and sound intensity testing are essential to determine the sound power generated by a product. Sound power values are required for certification, but also for engineering and benchmarking purposes. This to comply with international standards and regulatory directives while offering the flexibility to incorporate custom, in-depth acoustic engineering workflows.
Sound quality testing enables you to shape the sound of your product : listen, analyze, and combine objective and subjective evaluations to design irresistible brand sounds.
Finally, Acoustic Material Testing allows you to accurately identify the acoustic properties of materials and components, such as mufflers, doors and panels. This is required to maintain comfort levels and reduce noise, while keeping material costs under control.
Join us for a 7-session online masterclass and learn how to address acoustic engineering challenges through Acoustic Testing Solutions.
During these sessions, participants will learn:
- Fundamentals of acoustics
- How to acoustically certify products
- Identify acoustic hotspots
- Perform sound quality analysis by objective and subjective evaluations
- Shape the interior sound and ensuring pedestrian safety by using Active Sound Design
- How to do Pass-By Noise Testing and Engineering
- Determine material properties by material testing
- How to improve aircraft cabin comfort and fly over noise testing
25 May, 2:00 PM to 3:30 CET, Session 1 – 90 min
Fundamentals of Acoustics | Eric Sorber
- What is sound?
- What are octaves and acoustic weighting?
- Acoustic nomenclature
27 May, 2:00 PM to 3:30 CET, Session 2 – 90 min
Certification Testing : Sound Power, Sound Intensity and Material Testing | Marcos Barral
- What is Sound Power?
- Material testing
- Demonstrations of SP, material testing
1 June, 2:00 PM to 3:30 CET, Session 3 – 90 min
Pass By Noise Engineering and Certification Testing | Dr. Filip Deblauwe and Eric Sorber
- Exterior Pass-By Noise and Asep
- How to create a proper tire model and perform Interior Pass-By Noise?
- Pass-By Noise Engineering
3 June, 2:00 PM to 3:30 CET, Session 4 – 90 min
Sound Source Localization : identifying the contributing sources | Dr. Filip Deblauwe and Eric Sorber
- Fundamentals of SSL
- Propagation Algorithm
- 3D Interior Algorithm
8 June, 2:00 PM to 3:30 CET, Session 5 – 90 min
Sound Quality Engineering | Agnieszka Oltarzewska
- Benchmarking, Target setting, Troubleshooting
- Jury Testing
- Modal based Engineering : Listen to the Digital Twin
10 June, 2:00 PM to 3:30 CET, Session 6 – 90 min
Active Sound Design : Shaping the interior sound and ensuring pedestrian safety | Jeroen Lanslots and Tom Vanwayenberge
- Why Active Sound Design?
- How to create an Active Sound Profile?
- How to quickly iterate in the vehicle?
- Implementation in production vehicles
15 June, 2:00 PM to 3:30 CET, Session 7 – 90 min
Aircraft Cabin comfort and Fly over noise testing | Raphael Hallez
- Fly-over and ramp noise
- Environmental and cabin noise measurements
- Electric and VTOL aircraft noise
- Wind tunnel testing